Jul 18, 2007

Frustrated.

Everything is just not right. I’m jinx. Everything bloody thing I planned has gone down the drain. Went to UCSI yesterday, and I was told that if I take the offer from UCSI, I can’t take up PTPTN loan. Ok, fine, I thought. Maybe my family still can support me for the rest of the 45k. But I was very naïve. If there’s one thing I learnt from all these is that you can never rely on anyone, not even your closest family members especially when it comes to money because everyone is realistic. The fact is that they are able to support me but the question is, are they willing to do so?

I’m so frustrated with all these. Sometime I just feel like stop studying and work. 3.75 and yet, I couldn’t go anywhere. The best they can give me is computer science. Bullshit. I have a friend whose pointer was only 2.1 and yet he got a engineering course. Just plain bullshit.

These were my initial plans:
1. Wait for the appeal result for the course of Physiotheraphy in UKM in July - FAILED
2. 50% scholarship from UCSI to do nutrition in September - ????
3. Pharmacy in AIMST in September - TOO EXPENSIVE
4. Full scholarship from Nilai to do Computing/ accounting / business - TURNS OUT TO BE 50% BEACUSE I HAVE AN A-
5. Biomedical Science in UTAR in January 2008
6. Chemical Engineering in Curtin, Sarawak in September -
APPLICATION CLOSED.

But now i can only hope on UCSI and UTAR. UTAR would be a safer choice because i can take up full loan from PTPTN but i have to wait until January 2008 and i don't want to wait that long because i feel like i've wasted enough time. UCSI on the other hand is a very risky decision. I can try my luck to borrow PTPTN but if i dont get, i'll be wasting the first semester fees.

Does anyone knows of any instituitons or banks i can borrow money from??

5 comments:

sexyback^^ said...

Joan....why not continue your study in comp science...anyway it is a good course. Dont view it in the negative way ,judge it in a positive angle .moreover ,it is still a public uni which i think only costs around rm10k 4 4 yrs .and its easier to apply PTPTN loan . My advice is , just go ahead and study comp science, may b u will like the course .

Anonymous said...

Just want to say that it's your future. Stop thinking about the past and look forward. Money isn't everything in this world. Some people thinks that it's stupid to dump money into child's education...but the truth is.. dumping money is an investment for a better future. So, if you don't like computer science, don't go for it.Go for something that you think you'll go far in the future and something that you like. Take a moment to think about what you really like to do in the future and go for the course that suits the job the most. Good luck in your undertakings and may god bless you.

Anonymous said...

well, agree wif Lai Fu...
i noe is hard to blif tat u get tat course...
but then i got a lecturer same situation wif u n guess what, today he is 1 of the best 3 students in Msia...

jy said...

Jeremy, Thanks for your advice but i have no interest in computing. Moreover in an unheard of Uni. But it's nice to know you visit my blog :D....thanks for that!

anonymous, I am 100% in line with your views. I find no point in studying something i dont like beacuse at the end of the day, i get no satisfaction from my work etc. I'm so curious who you are....

Eddy, being the best student in Malaysia doesnt mean that he will be happy with whatever he's doing now. He might be the BEST student in malaysia academically but it all boils down to how he brings himself in the public.

kagome_chan said...

OMG i am so pissed for your sake!!! AND PEOPLE ASK ME WHY I COME TO AMERICA!!! freaking 3.75 and you're not recognised THAT IS WHY!!! Bloody hell people with your results can go overseas and get FINANCIAL AID from overseas unis for god's sake!!! Rawr!!! >< but good to know you've made a decision!! jia you I'll always support you!!