May 26, 2008

Downside of Gatherings.

Christine, Elaine, Ida and everyone else are back. There are gatherings every weekend and sometimes, they’re not all fun actually.

Here’s why:

1. Tiring. Beside from doing lab reports, assignments, working for the Uni, I have to allocate time for these gatherings. So, it’s hard to find time to study. Honestly, I haven’t touched any books since uni started. And it has been a month now. Seriously.

2. Costly. Since I’m not working part time anymore, my income is zero and I don’t get allowance at all. So, apart from paying my own fees, daily expenses, I also need to fork up money to go out. And all that money comes from my own savings.

3. Time-consuming. My timetable is very packed this semester. I have classes everyday, but I usually skipped Friday class. My classes start at 8am and end at 3pm, on average. After 3pm, I need to work for the uni until 6pm. I got home around 8pm. At night is the only time I can study but I find that hard because I feel the need to relax after a hard day. So, I usually read newspaper and watch tv.

4. Weird.
Yes, weird. Because when you meet someone you haven’t seen for years, things get awkward. And it’s worse if that someone brings her/his partner. So, sometimes, we’ll end up very quiet while desperately trying to find topics to say. I think gatherings required good social skills, which is tough for me. I’m not good in socializing.

5. Disconnected. I’ll get to this stage whenever I feel out of place. Like when everyone is chatting happily, I have this huge question mark on my face. And my face is the only serious face. It gets worse when I eventually get ignored because I couldn’t get into the conversation. Yea, you get me. A bunch of people laughing away and there’s this weirdo stuck in between with a poker face.

But nonetheless, I still think gathering is fun. But not too much of it. Anyway, a few gatherings that are worth mentioning are:

1. Cycling in Bukit Cahaya. Well, it’s not really a gathering la cos not a lot of people went. Only a few close Klang and Shah Alam peeps. But it was fun! And also healthy. One of the things I look forward to on weekends is this. But it’s costly, one time cycling outing needs at least RM10.

2. Mamaks.
It’s cheap, down-to-earth and convenient. Just a phone call away and we’ll be in a mamak place already. But one thing though, you can’t ask too many people to mamak because we’ll end up with a lot of puak later on. 5-6 people is ideal.

3. Window Shopping with Elaine or Leong.
I especially like shopping with these two cos the're so easy going and they have good taste. Plus, we're so close that they won't hesitate to say, "No, that dress make your arms look like incredible hulk". But outings like this must be in pairs ONLY. More than that can be troublesome and confusing.

Anyway, these days I feel a little lost sometimes. Side effect of too much gatherings, maybe?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 more reason : dont have eddy!

Anonymous said...

haha.. eddy? no la.. is sook may.. hehe.. just kidding.. sometimes i feel lost too.. just like that day, u din come.. we went mamak at berkeley corner there.. i was actually stuck there dunno wat to talk.. haha.. i understand y u feel so tired cos have to study plus work somemore.. hm.. nvm.. i know u can cope with it..
-may-

Anonymous said...

jia you Joan yee..Gambateh Kudasai..me too..i have faith in you tat u can cope with it wan..No doubts!!..all the best in your new sem..
~Lai Fu~

Anonymous said...

dingdong

jy said...

thanks guys for the motivations...i will try to balance my time..

eddy, dont so bhb la..lol..

may, so sorry ya that day cannot come...thanks for understanding :)

TLF, thanks and jia you to u too!!

dindong, ???

Benjamin said...

gather with close frens is indeed fun, but when their bring their partners along and the number get increased, will feel like been leftout and yes... got nothing to say... agree with wat the post saying... =)

CV said...

i still remember that night when we had the gathering, the only ppl i chat and mix with are still the same bunch of ppl i chat and mix every week which is only 1/4 of all the ppl who were there that night