Mar 9, 2010

My babies grew fungus!

These are my babies. Lactic Acid Bacteria. They are supposed to grow on this nutrient rich MRS agar plate. But they are not growing!! Look!!

They even grew fungus! Where is those white little spots of bacteria?? Arghh...i hate you fungus for contaminating my agar. Now my babies can't grow cos you ate all the nutrient!


Ewwwww..... You stupid fungus! You're not supposed to grow here. Go grow on some expired white bread.

It's already March and i'm supposed to submit my thesis on June. I'm only on the first stage of my project you know. I can't even grow the bacteria, how am i to test them?

Ok, here's my problem now. I am to test 3 different brand of soybean powder with probiotic. Brand A has no problem. Brand B and C are giving me problem. The bacteria in those powder refused to grow on my agar. Because they can;t grow, i can't do any further test on them. My supervisor is asking me to find other brand but i've searched almost the whole of klang valley, and still can't find any to replace that two stupid samples.

Anyway, anyone knows of any soybean powder enriched with probiotics? Any at all. Desperately need it to replace my sample. :(

Thank u!

2 comments:

Malicious said...

Head ache ya. I'll keep an eye on the shelves. Perhaps you should check out those Organic food stores. They might have some different brands?

jy said...

Yea, very headache.. :(
Have checked out organic stores too but they only have soybean powder without probiotics. Thanks yea Garry :D