Dec 6, 2007

Bad luck in office.

Today is the one month ‘anniversary’ of me being in the office. I noticed I bring bad luck to the office, from the first day I started working.

First day of work
Air cond broke down for the first time in months. Repairman came the next day and it caused my boss a bomb.
Ok. I think I can forgive myself for that wasn’t my fault. The air cond needs servicing after so long anyway.

Somewhere in first week
The lights at my place went off. For the whole day, I had to resort to ‘disco’ light. By the end of the day, all the lights I see were also blinking although they were perfectly fine. My eyes began to create its own imaginary image. Boss was kind enough to replace it for me the next day. Thank goodness for him!

Second week
Telephone problem. Had to wait for Telekom for almost 2 weeks to fix it! That was an ultimate torture since I have limited access to internet (eg: no blogging, facebook, msn, ebuddy, meebo, you name it, everything is blocked here). Phone was my only source to outside world!!

Third week
Air cond broke down AGAIN!!!! Thank god the repairman came the next day. Save the suffering for me. The bill is not here yet but I bet it cause my boss a bomb too. The repairman had to vacuum, weld, and even climbed to the roof to check!

Today
The water dispenser broke down. And this time, it was my fault. Since there was no one in the office today, and coincidently, the water dispenser ran out of water, plus I was damn thirsty for water, I figured I was strong enough to carry one galloons of water but I was so wrong. I did manage to carry it but when I tried to put it into the dispenser, I heard “crack”. That was when I knew I broke everything in the office.

Air cond, lights, water dispenser, phone…It’s as if everything I used is jinx!
I wonder what’s next.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...not ur fault la..jz the office facilities very bad only..but the water dispenser..ehem..i oso nvr tink oso carrying it but u tot of..haha..superwoman..gege

Anonymous said...

haha...its nt your fault ya..dun think liddat ler..hehe...its the time 4 those things 2 b repaired...anyway i also have broken the water dispenser when i was working in Giordano..and i keep it 2 myself..scared kena whack o..haha

Anonymous said...

aneway i am laifu..

Anonymous said...

joan.. joan.. dun worry.. i guess is time for the office to repair those things.. haha.. by the way, happy 1st month anniversary..
hehe..
enjoy ur work..
-may-

Anonymous said...

eh eh..sookmay..when will u write ur own blog..im anticipating n looking 4ward...~laifu~

kagome_chan said...

joan...i think most of them are not your fault....

all would probably rosak even if you are not there...except for the water dispenser of course...

but the image of the water dispenser really made me laugh..especially since I can see myself in the same situation...don't worry!! I am sure your boss loves you!! maybe "loves", don't know how old he is. hahaha.

if it makes you feel better I fell down trying to get into my bed and hit the chair and laundry basket before landing grace-lessly on the floor.

Murphy's law: ANYTHING that can go wrong WILL go wrong.

hehe, smile! =)

jy said...

Sui Jing: Hehe..that time super desperate edi...damn thirsty..

Lai fu: Walau...if my boss is as strict as your boss in Giordano, i think i sure kena whack millions of time edi since i rosakkan so many things...

May: Thanks May!!

Christine: Haha..i dont think my boss will love me anymore after he sees the bill! Yes, this law really really applies to my case, except that ANYTHING should be replaced by EVERYTHING. lol