Dec 3, 2007

Crazy about donuts!

I’m sure everyone has heard about the new donuts store in town. I’m talking about J.Co donuts of course. The first time I had them, it was sinfully delicious! I ate 3 of them one shot. The second time was even better because I get to choose my own flavours. (The first box was courtesy of Sue San, she queued up for almost an hour for it!). It took me 45 minutes to get my own box of made-in-heaven donuts.

Now, I know that those people who are lucky enough to get to eat Krisy Kreme donuts would say J.Co is nothing compares to the pioneer-donuts-maker but we Asians are not so lucky, so we ought to settle for J.Co. Which, by my standard, is good enough.
I just wish that they have more stores here. Such a hassle to buy it.

J.Co Donuts.My favourite one is definately Alcapone, almond flake with white choc (this pic on the top right)

Then, there’s Big Apple Donuts. I don’t know which one is the copy cat but one thing I do know is that the latter’s donuts doesn’t taste as good as J.Co’s. It’s almost like Big Apple is trying to emulate J.Co success but only they failed miserably. Their donuts are oily, toppings are so-so and they leave a sour taste on my tongue. Reminds me of those 3-for-one-ringgit donuts you can buy in Pasar Malam, but only with extra toppings.

Big Apple Donuts. They look identical arent they?? But don't be fooled by their look!

But I find it odd that Big Apple has so many stores in Klang Valley as compare to J.Co which has only one store, so far in Pavillion. But I hope in time, J.Co will take over Big Apple. Hehe..so that I can eat J.Co’s donuts conveniently.

Anyway, this is just my own opinion. In case you’re wondering, I don’t get commission or advert fees from J.Co. So, try them both and be their judge!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

both looks yummy....i think i can finish the whole box..hehe..laifu

jy said...

hehe..of course you can, laifu. Just remember to save one for me if you ever go and buy!!

Anonymous said...

wei... shud be next next week lo...

Anonymous said...

i very hungry liao see all the donnuts...but pyramid one havent open yet la..haiyo..wait so long liao

Anonymous said...

joan next time v must buy da donut in 15mins k..

*elaine*

jy said...

Eddy, okie..Let me know when la..
Sui Jing, hehe..yea..me too, cant wiat for the pyramid one to open!
Elaine, Wa...15 mins can meh? maybe can la if you go very very early in the morning