Dec 20, 2007

My work attitude.

Today was my last day of work. Before leaving the company, I asked my boss
“So, what do you think of the way I work? Any comments so that I can improve myself in the future?”

After 2 minutes or so of deep thinking, my boss finally said,
“Hm…yea, you were good. I mean, without much supervision, you can basically do everything. Some people can do better without supervision because as you go along the way, you will find out how things work etc. You have the right attitude. The only thing is that you should communicate more with people, because other people have different ways of doing work. So, only by communicating, you can know how to deal with certain customers and people.”

He is right about my communicating skills. With my friends, I can talk for hours non stop. Sometimes even till morning, without sleep.
But put me with someone I just met, I won’t say more than 10 words. I hardly talk in the office. Most of the time, I just do what I’ve been told and done deal.

So, it’s not easy for me to make friends. But for me to make best buds, it’s quiet easy, I just need the right people and plenty of time. That’s why I treasure every single one of my best buds. By best buds, I meant those you can call up at any time of the day for help and they will rush to your aid in no time. Right now, in my head, I can list out 4 of them.

Anyway, enough about my gibberish. I guess everyone is like that.

But the one thing my boss said that make me feel so good was that he said
“All the best to you. If you need any help, just let me know. You have my mobile, right? So, call me la. If you’re free, drop by and we can always go lunch together”

Aw..That was the nicest thing i've heard from any of my previous boss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

for me there is ntg wrong with ur communicating skill.. v need time to know a person well..
anyway i think our style is quite similar haha..can talk non stop with da right person..
*elaine*

jy said...

hehe..yes elaine, u know me too well. Btw, you are one of the 4 best bud! ;)